Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Cycle 3 - New Leader of the Opposition
What do you think of the new Leader of the Opposition?

Deadline for this cycle is 23:59 on the 31st March
New Leader of the Opposition shows one thing, Labour has given up on millions of its voters in its heartlands. Brexit Party is welcoming those voters with open arms and hearts. As a former Labour MP that has left Labour because of its betrayal on Lisbon referendum, I certainly understand their hesitation, concerns and feelings. We ask them to trust us to give Labour a warning. Labour needs to shaken seriously to understand that they can no longer ignore their core voters without any consequences, a vote for Brexit Party is a vote to shake Labour and a warning for them. 
Brigitte Allard MP
Member for Stoke on Trent North
Leader of the Brexit Party

Media Darling/Fundraising Extraordinaire/Maverick/Constituency Darling(awarded by admins)
I want to take this opportunity to congratulate Caroline on a fantastic campaign, she wasn't my first choice, but the members have decided and now our job as MPs is to work together to get no deal off the table, to ensure that no matter what path Brexit takes, it is one that is good for the country and that we can get on with achieving a Labour government and righting so many of the wrongs that been inflicted on this country since 2010. Caroline will make an excellent leader of the opposition and hopefully a fantastic Prime Minister and we will put the days of Tory chaos and mismanagement behind us.
Labour MP for Nottingham South (2010-)
Shadow Secretary of State for Social Security, Housing, and Employment (2019-)
Campaigning Guru/Fundraising Extraordinaire/Maverick
The Leader of the Opposition triumphed in a contest which boiled down to who could promise to obstruct Brexit the most, who could promise to recklessly spend the most, and who could ditch their pledge to respect the result of the referendum the fastest. Faced between trying to maintain all those nice promises regarding Brexit that the Labour Party has made for the past three years, and pandering to increasingly radical anti-Brexit activists in order to get the job, Caroline Blakesley made her choice with astounding speed and skill, outmaneuvering her rival by virtue of a ceaseless pandering to those who even now reject the decision made by the electorate in 2016, and who also reject the millions of Labour voters who do want to see Brexit implemented.

Those activists wanted a leader for their party who would second them in their preference to keep the UK in gridlock and endless dithering rather than get on with the job and allow Brexit to be a success, and they got what they desired. They wanted a leader who would promise expenditures of over £200 billion in a single vanity project, and they got what they desired. They wanted a leader who would promise to make every effort to obstruct the government’s tireless efforts to deliver on the will of the people, and sure enough, they certainly got what they desired. That’s what that contest really came down to, and Caroline Blakesley happened to be the ideal candidate for that job and for those terms of service.
Rt. Hon. Andrew Summer MP - Conservative and Unionist Party
Member of Parliament for Sevenoaks (2010 - Present)

Shadow Culture Secretary (January 2020 - Present)
-Former: Security Minister / Shadow Home Secretary
The Labour Leader campaigned on a platform to block Brexit at every turn, and her recent actions in Parliament show she intends to keep that promise. The collective promise Parliament has to the British people to honor the will of the people and respect our democracy, however, she couldn't be bothered to care about. Rather than working constructively with us to get Brexit done, or to support the Government in getting a good deal, Labour has resigned itself to being the party of obstructing, delay, and endless dithering. They are more interested in burrowing their heads in parliamentary procedure books, coming up with clever ways to block Brexit, than they are in delivering on the promises we have made to the British people. 

All of us MPs promised to respect the results of the referendum, but clearly only some of us meant it. Labour has become so hostile to those of us who seek to respect the people's vote that one of their own MPs has now left the party. Her departure makes one thing very clear: the Labour Leader will never be interested in honoring the will of the people, and will put political ambition over the British people at every turn.
William Grey MP - Conservative Party 

MP for Romford (2015 - )

Backbench Favorite, Campaigning Guru, Socially Unaware 
I have no doubt that, for many of Labour's traditional voters who voted for Brexit, the election of an outspoken advocate of a second referendum as leader is disheartening. Caroline Blakesley has essentially, through her statements, actions and incessant tabling of amendments trying to derail Brexit at any cost, giving two fingers to those working class Brexit voters who might have been inclined to vote for her party.

To any Brexit voting Labour supporters disappointed with Blakesley's election, let me say this to you: there is another option. The Conservative Party is open to all, and we will not stop fighting for Brexit, for a fair and just society, and for you and your family. 
Julia Goldman
Shadow Secretary of State for Scoltand
Shadow Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Growth
Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities
Member of Parliament for Dumfries and Galloway (2019 - present)
Scottish Conservative and Unionist

Media Darling/Campaigning Guru/Socially Unaware
The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions today said that the Conservative Party is "open to all" and will "fight for a fair and just society". I'm sure that it must look that way to a cabinet educated in Oxford and raised on family money. But perhaps the man responsible for our country's crumbling welfare state should eat some humble pie before he tries to claim any moral high ground. Are the 28,000 children in poverty in my borough part of his "fair and just society"? What about the one-third of my local residents on low pay? Or the 3,500 homeless on our streets or in temporary accommodation?  Before following his leader's lead with meaningless grandstanding and claiming that they have built a "fair and just society", the Work and Pensions Secretary should take a hard honest look at the kind of country that they have built since 2010 and try to fix it - or make way for a government that can.

Caroline Blakesley is the only leader with an actual plan to get the issue of Brexit done with and move on to bigger issues - William Croft, who voted against leaving the EU only last month, is simply out of his depth and can only offer the meaningless, pointless statements of the May era. If William Croft really wants us to leave the EU then he would need to negotiate a deal that Parliament and the country could unite behind. If he cannot do that, then all of his machismo is pointless. So I suggest that rather than running to the press at every opportunity and planning his secret squirrel election, he does that. If he doesn't, then there is a clear way of putting this issue to rest - put the issue that William Croft cannot sort out back to the people, and let us move on to more pressing and important issues than this.
Eleanor Nerina | Labour MP for Brent North (2010 - )
Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation, and Sustainable Growth (2019 - )
Traits: Campaign organiser / Media darling / Finite resources
Caroline Blakesley's disastrous approach to leadership is already showing itself. She has already lost one of her MPs after shoving her radical, extreme, and unpopular agenda down people's throat. If she does not reflect on her agenda and approach, I guess she will lose a lot more MPs both in form MPs and in an electoral disaster that will follow after. Caroline Blakesley is Jeremy Corbyn without his following and this will be very costly to Labour if she does not change her course swiftly and radically. 
Brigitte Allard MP
Member for Stoke on Trent North
Leader of the Brexit Party

Media Darling/Fundraising Extraordinaire/Maverick/Constituency Darling(awarded by admins)
I would like to congratulate Caroline Blakesley on her victory. It was a hard-fought campaign that showed the diversity in the Labour movement - diversity that is still present whether Gisella Stuart has left to join the Brexit Party or not. I am all-in behind Caroline Blakesley because I am convinced that under her leadership and hopefully premiership, we will be able to get a better deal for Brexit and a better future for Britain. The government would do better to scrutinise its own leader, who sees Parliament as an inconvenience to be avoided and fixed-term Parliaments as merely an obstacle in his way, than our Leader of the Opposition. And if they want it the other way, they can always move the motion to call an election and let the British people decide whether they want William Croft and his wreck-it Brexit or Caroline Blakesley's Labour Party and a better deal.
the Rt Hon. Emily Greenwood MP

Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (2019-)

MP for Barrow & Furness (2010-)
Secretary of State for Education (2019-)
Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Commons (2019-)

Shadow SoS for Public Services (2019)

Traits: Media Darling, Campaigning Guru, Constituency Appeal, Finite Resources
While William Croft believes he can speak for the People and tell them what they want Caroline Blakesley will listen to the People and give them what they want. This is why I am very happy for Caroline and know that she will hold this out of control Prime minister in check as he attempts to force the country into a disastrous no-deal.
Mitch Un MP Rhondda (1997-Present)
Traits: Campaign Guru, Socially Unaware
Future Overlord of Britain and Europe