Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Cycle 10 - Vote of No Confidence in Her Majesty's Government
Deadline is 23:59 on the 3rd of May (shortly after division closes) 2nd of May
This government has just introduced a bill to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2040, to provide strong international leadership, to provide the resources and framework for shifting to renewable energy and a green jobs revolution.

This government has just declared a moratorium on net new runway construction until we can guarantee clean jet fuels. 

This government is committed to a People's Vote, to social justice, to environmentalism, to internationalism. 

And a Green Party MP - a Green Party MP - has decided to throw that all away over a baby shower. The facts speak for themselves. 

I have been upfront in challenging Brigitte Allard, in arguing against her politics, in calling out some of her more deplorable campaigning tricks and associations. But she is a human being. She is an elected representative of the people of Stoke. You can be friends, you can be civil, with people you disagree with. And Harriet Laski is saying, no, you can't be. Harriet Laski is saying that a Remainer and a Brexiter cannot be friends, that we must demonise our political opponents. I find that attitude disgusting when expressed by Tory Brexiters, it's equally disgusting when expressed by Remainers. 

There will be no electoral alliance with Harriet Laski or any candidate who stands with her on this. Though I remain open to cross-party cooperation on issues such as giving people the final say on Brexit, fixing the climate crisis, rectifying injustices such as poor mental health or social care provision, and building more houses, it is clear that Harriet Laski cannot be worked with on these issues. We will be running a candidate against her in Bristol West - this move is a slap in the face not just to those who voted for her and campaigned for her, but those in other parties who took sacrifices in making the People's Vote Alliance work.
Grant Smith
Liberal Democrat MP for Leeds North West (2005-present)

Media Unknown, Constituency Appeal, Campaign Organiser, Fundraiser Extraordinaire 
Previously: Sir Lachlan Domnhall Coinneach Duncan MacMahon; Graham Adiputera; I think I played some dull Labour bloke at one point
The Leader of the Opposition has just delivered an excellent speech before the House of Commons, outlining the Opposition's argument in favor of the No Confidence motion. Our position is simple: a Government that does not have confidence in itself cannot possibly hope to command the confidence of the House of Commons. The Prime Minister gambled away her principles in the hopes that she could manage to lead a Government tied together by a series of Confidence & Supply agreements with parties fundamentally at odds with one another, and she has failed. This motion has proven to be true what was once only a hypothetical; that any single Member of Parliament holds the power to bring down this Government, and they will use their leverage to do just that if their demands aren't met. Britain deserves more than a politician held hostage to the whims of the most radical members of her coalition. Britain deserves a leader. 

For the good of the country, for the sanctity of our democracy, and for the wellbeing of the British people it is time that Caroline Blakesley step aside and allow the Conservative Party to fix the mess Labour has made of our Government.
William West MP - Conservative Party

Shadow Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union
MP for Ribble Valley (2015 - )
Based on her conduct in the House today, including a bout of unparliamentary language, I think it is fair to say that the Prime Minister has not only lost control of the House - If she ever had it to begin with - but also herself.  This Parliament cannot work, not least under Caroline Blakesley's leadership, and the only solution to this mess is a fresh election.
I find it remarkable that the Tories have the stomach to lecture someone on leadership after nine years completely bereft of anything resembling it. The record shows that this Government has already delivered for the British people in a few short months in ways the former Government couldn't achieve in two long terms. The public understands that this has nothing to do with the Conservatives offering a viable alternative. They are out of time and out of ideas, and the voters know that.

The real question here is why an elected member of the Green Party has torpedoed that party's best chance at achieving its aims in nearly a decade. Anything else is base politicking. I'd like to see the instigator of this come to the House and explain her motives. Frankly she owes it to her constituents, her party faithful, and the British public at large.
Joseph "Joe" Quinn MP (LAB) 
Member for Birmingham Ladywood (2010-)
Secretary of State for Defence
I find it particularly special that the Government has only started flooding the Commons with statement after statement /after/ they lost their majority to a botched confidence agreement. It reeks of desperation...of the Government doing everything they can to shout "look at me" in the face of inevitable collapse.

The Community Secretary's reaction to basic questions on the Yorkshire One arrangement is perhaps emblematic of this: The arrangement itself is not at issue, notwithstanding raising technical questions, but the Secretary responded in a way that borders on the immature.
While Plaid Cymru had every intention of providing confidence in the coalition government, we are now prepared to contest most seats in Wales during the upcoming general election. As a voice for Wales and her people, Plaid Cymru will continue to champion issues like devolution and green energy. But we will also provide an influence of stability and a return to normalcy in Britain - a far cry from the recession followed by austerity followed by Brexit which the Westminster parties have thrust upon us. This election is about building a stronger and sustainable future for Wales, and only Plaid Cymru can help achieve these goals.
Owain Pugh MP
Plaid Cymru for Dwyfor Meirionnydd
Campaigning Guru/Fundraising Extraordinaire/Media Darling/Maverick
I am sure the Prime Minister will recall the alleged words of one of her predecessors, who upon taking office, commenting on the future of his Government, allegedly said that it would be down to ‘Events dear boy, events’ - if that was true then, it certainly is today. The problem with this Prime Minister is that her reaction to events is to double down on Labour's double standards and disdain for democracy; she'll do almost anything to cling on to power. Nothing is too brazen, there is no gimmick cheap enough for Caroline Blakesley - so when polling day comes, it is only the Conservatives who can look voters straight in the eye with a principled offer that will finish the job, deliver Brexit and move Britain forward.
Rt Hon. Patrick Dundas MP | Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party
Leader of Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition
Member of Parliament for Moray (2019-Present)
Let me get this straight: after saying that this government would accomplish nothing, the Conservatives are complaining that we did too much? The fact is that we did exactly what we promised. We invested in communities and promoted local growth. We started working to rebalance our economy and invest in regions outside London. We launched a green energy revolution. We scrapped the rollout of the Universal Credit that pushed thousands of families to poverty. We proposed a real tax cut for every worker in Britain. We ended austerity. That is the record of this government.

The Tories are upset because, after the shambles of Croft Ministry, Labour accomplished more in the last month than any of the current Tory leaders did when they were in government. And we’re just getting started delivering for Britain. We will fight this election making a positive case for continued change. And we intend to win, regardless of the Tory bargain with the Brexit Party.
Caroline Blakesley MP DCB
Prime Minister (June 2019-)
MP for Manchester Central (2015-) | Labour
Traits: Fundraising Extraordionare, Campaign Guru, Media Darling, Constituency Pariah
When Caroline Blakesley walked into number 10, she thought that her coalition of misfits backed by her C&S partners would be able to deliver Brexit. They failed.

Caroline Blakesley lost control of this government. The writing was clearly on the wall with the Green Party wanting to amend the Governments climate change bill, all was clearly not well and the British public now have an opportunity to end this Nightmare in Downing Street at the general election by backing the Conservative & Unionist Party
Harold Saxon - Conservative and Unionist Party

Leader of The Opposition
Member of Parliament for North East Somerset
Deputy Prime Minister (February 2019 - June 2019)