<
Announcements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcements
For the Admins to deliver important messages to the player base.
Transport and Foreign Affairs Admin

"I would not take a decision that kills millions of people, I do not believe the threat of mass murder is a legitimate way to go about dealing with international relations." - Jeremy Corbyn
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone,

I've been considering this for a while and have decided to step back into the player base and therefore resign from the A-Team since my free time might be becoming rare in the relatively near future. It's been a pleasure and let's be honest no shortage of pain to be on the A-Team, but I have all the confidence that this new round and the current crew running it will have every success.
Transport and Foreign Affairs Admin

"I would not take a decision that kills millions of people, I do not believe the threat of mass murder is a legitimate way to go about dealing with international relations." - Jeremy Corbyn
Thanks given by: Ben
Feel free to post your bios chaps/chapettes, however until we are officially ready to launch we will not mask you into parties. We have made significant progress today in preparing for the round however we will not be ready for a few days yet. We will of course keep you updated on that front however and expect to start seeing pre-round news tomorrow, though there isnt masses as we have not hugely changed real life!

Furthermore expect some amendments to certain game mechanics at some point in the next few days. Good to see so many people taking an interest and look forward to getting started!
Edward
Special Advisor for the Treasury and Foreign Office
Advisor for the Labour Party

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." ~ Milton Friedman
Thanks given by:
We can officially announce that the game will commence at an undecided time on Wednesday Evening GMT, look forward to seeing you all there!
Edward

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." ~ Milton Friedman
Thanks given by:
It is reminded of players that while a contingent of MPs did oppose David Cameron's agenda, the party does generally back his vision for Government. This is especially notable as he is the only party leader to have won back Government in 13 years. This should be reflected on in characters - no cameron hating please.

Kind Regards
Edward

Thanks given by:
There will be a four hour extension on the Conservative leadership campaign stage, meaning voting will open at 4am on the 31st (tomorrow), which will finish as per the previous schedule.
"We all know that Mary has a nice cat" - Fairbanks
"Nice pussy" - Coombes
"Nice pussy" - Max
"Oh look, it's Mary's massive pussy" - Keynes
"Aw. Mary touching her pussy" - Fairbanks

"Mary loves pussy" - Ed

Keynes: "@Mad_Mary do you want normies off your stream?"
Me: "NORMIES GET OFF MY STREAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Thanks given by:
I finally got round to rigging up the calendar with the old blue colour scheme and the requisite graphics for the years we'll be in. If you should see something odd about the calendar, please notify me or the A-team, but it should be working now.
Marty | Advisory Technical Wizard and All-Around Troubleshooter

"Look, try and use your intelligence, man, even if you are a politician."
- The Third Doctor
Thanks given by:
Hey all, A-team wants to use a calendar function for half timeflow that I hadn't implemented yet, so I'll be doing some tinkering with the calendar.

If you see it doing weird things, keep calm and carry on. This is entirely normal.

Should be working now. Please note that the current time got deleted in the process, so the calendar is not accurate until the A-team comes along to set it back to what it used to be (sorry A-team).
Marty | Advisory Technical Wizard and All-Around Troubleshooter

"Look, try and use your intelligence, man, even if you are a politician."
- The Third Doctor
Thanks given by:
We've noticed a problem connecting to the forum at the moment, the connecting feature seems to be Google Chrome. If you're having this problem, load it up in Duck Duck Go, Opera or anything except Bing.
"We all know that Mary has a nice cat" - Fairbanks
"Nice pussy" - Coombes
"Nice pussy" - Max
"Oh look, it's Mary's massive pussy" - Keynes
"Aw. Mary touching her pussy" - Fairbanks

"Mary loves pussy" - Ed

Keynes: "@Mad_Mary do you want normies off your stream?"
Me: "NORMIES GET OFF MY STREAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Thanks given by:
Okay so a lot has happened in the last day, so i need to make a few clarifications in regards to things said on the forum in character that should not have been.

First off - any reference to certain people calling other people a "Cu*t" is hereby recinded. Comments about such references will be amended or deleted and no further references will be permitted. This is because the original comment was (to my dissapproval) made out of character and then carried into character in a series of meetings between labour players in what were considered in character - this meant it became an in character issue when really in character it should have been never considered to have happened. Due to the original comment not being able to be carried forward in game any reference to it - as aforementioned - will not be considered in character in game. From here on it never happened.

Secondly, any reference to supposed "racism" due to Diana Edwards' decision to not want George Cosmatos and Dawn Barber in the shadow cabinet is equally not going to be considered to be in character. This is because the opposition to those characters being included in the shadow cabinet was an OOC matter in reference to the player of those characters' use of the C-word to Diana Edwards out of character. To permit this section to be in game would be an indirect legitimisation of the "Cu*t" comment and would also deliver an unfair bias against the new Social Union Party due to a huge mix up of what is considered in character and not. As such as i said, any reference to racism due to Diana Edwards wish that these two characters be excluded from the Shad Cab is again to be deleted, amended and considered to be out of character.

As for the matter of the SUP split from Labour. This will be considered in character -- however the reasoning for the split will be policy disagreements between Diana Edwards and the Labour leadership - any mention to George Cosmatos and Dawn Barber, the "Cu*t" matter and any disagreement around that subject will be considered revoked due to out of character background. The split in the eyes of the world is because Edwards and Clifton cant agree and as such cant continue to work together.

This is an important lesson today on why comments made in any party chat on telegram are considered absolutely out of character and cannot be referred to in game. This has costed me over an hour of my time to fix and a significant amount of workload that could have been avoided entirely and used to further improve the game that you all enjoy and i enjoy to administrate. What i will say however is this; i am deeply dissapointed by the offensive language used by some players to others in any circumstance and from now on if this continues the admin team will take seriously these events. If you have a disagreement with someone in at an out of character level i suggest you alert the admins to this upon it;s starting and do not engage in discussion. If either of you approach the other to be rude or insulting in a private chat i expect you to forward that message/messages to an admin of your choosing and then Do not Respond.

This is a game designed for friends, a community of equals and people who want to enjoy the game. We will not condone that being taken for granted by abusing one another on a personal level and allowing that to be carried into the game. That is all i have to say.

I hope you have enjoyed the round so far, it's certainly been interesting, and i look forward to what happens next!
Edward

Thanks given by: