Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing, Energy and the Environment
Questions to the Secretary of State for Housing, Energy and the Environment
Andy
Advisor for the Labour Party, the Home Office, Education and Communities
Poll wrangler and election psephologist
Scandalmonger

I forget Andy has political opinions. I always just think of him as a Civil Servant in real life - Mac
Thanks given by:
Madam Speaker, may I turn the attention of my Rt Hon friend to early day motion number 6 concerning climate change. I am aware there may be varying views across the House of whether or not climate change is man made  - although to me the verdict of science is unquestionable - but nevertheless would the Secretary of State agree that regardless of its cause climate change is an issue bound to effect all of us? Would she agree with me that Westminster can become a great source of inspirational leadership if we commit ourselves to reducing our polluting materials within the palace?
Hon Emily Kennedy MP | Labour & Co-operative.

Member of Parliament for Glasgow Maryhill (2002- Incumbent)
Chair of the Nations, Communities & Local Government Select Committee (2002- Incumbent)

"A nobody backbencher"

Thanks given by:
Madam Speaker,

I agree wholeheartedly that we need radical action on climate change in Britain and around the globe. It is a matter of equity, social justice and fairness that we tackle this issue sooner rather than later. Our manifesto has set out how we intend to provide sources of leadership in Britain and around the globe, and I welcome ideas and advice from all sides of this House on how we can do more.
MP for Batley and Spen (1997 - )
Secretary of State for Housing, Energy and the Environment (2002 - )

Former MP for Halifax (1970 - 1983)
Former Minister of State, Department for Employment (1975 - 1979) 
Thanks given by: