Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press
Any thoughts on press? Can cover -
1) Press cycles
2) Marking system
3) Editorials, headlines, and so on
Steve
Acting Acting Head Av | Parliament | Prime Minister's Office | Cabinet Office | Treasury
Thanks given by:
Press cycles have been an absolute revelation, one of the best improvements the game has made in years imo. I'd keep them as they are, can't think of a way to improve them. Marking was also fair and well weighted to my mind. For editorials the only thing I can say is we can never have enough of them, the monthly headline thing was great as well.
REBECCA FLAIR

LIB DEM MP FOR MONTGOMERYSHIRE
______
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. - Friedrich Hayek
Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. - Milton Friedman
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Milton Friedman
______

Mac the Great and Powerful
Thanks given by: Albion Stonewood (CON)
I agree that press cycles are a strong part of the game. So much of this is about building feedback for players to feel like they're doing something in the game that matters. I would stress that if there's more to be done here, it needs to be done in connecting the parliamentary goings-on with feedback for players in the press.
Parminder 'Minda' Chawla MP | Labour Co-operative
Member of Parliament for Islington South & Finsbury (2010- )
Shadow Home Secretary (2016- )

Formerly: Joshua Bertram, Lillian Nichols, Gareth Edwards, Andrew Pearson, L Chris Havilland, Mack Aldritt
Thanks given by: Albion Stonewood (CON)
Best feature in my opinion, by far!
Rt Hon Dr Daniel George Alexander MP | Conservative and Unionist Party, Tory Reform Group

Leader of the House of Commons (2016 - Incumbent)
Member of Parliament for Canterbury (2005 - Incumbent)

Previously: "A nobody backbencher"

Thanks given by:
Press cycles are great they have ended the pr spamming that was burning out players and killing rounds.
William Flanagan
MP for Scunthorpe 2010 - Present
Shadow Home Secretary 2016 - Present

"We could manage to survive without money changers and stockbrokers. We should find it harder to do without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land." Aneurin Bevan

Thanks given by:
Bring back negative momentum.
Bring back the Morning Star
William Flanagan
MP for Scunthorpe 2010 - Present
Shadow Home Secretary 2016 - Present

"We could manage to survive without money changers and stockbrokers. We should find it harder to do without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land." Aneurin Bevan

Thanks given by:
Press cycles are boss it's taken 60% of the work out of participating from what I observed. One thing I semi-seriously suggested on TG is the idea of having Order-order or things like that be a thing, maybe we could have players contributing to it as trash 'journalists' rather than themselves or if they want themselves. Basically I think something like that (with the admins giving it the once over to make sure we don't outright derail the game/slander people beyond normal) would be fun for people. Iirc we had an "Other Media" thread, that is something that could be used for this possibly? We don't need a separate thread for each minor/trash website. It'd be good for world flavour.
Dr Alex Uyanik | MP for Walthamstow (1979-1987, 1992-Present) | Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Transport and the Regions (2016-)

"An Anti-Democratic decision cannot be made with votes" - Erdal Inonu
^this sounds like great fun
MP for Bristol West

#ANARCHISE THE NATION

(In previous lives: violated a confidence and supply agreement, tried to fight a man on Eton's nine-hole golf course, released a leaflet torpedoing ones own party and was likened to an M&M shovelling money into a fireplace)
Thanks given by: