Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates
We'll post them here.

We do not currently have news on start date or era, but will do soon.
Steve
Acting Acting Head Av | Parliament | Prime Minister's Office | Cabinet Office | Treasury
Thanks given by:
I am pleased to announce that Mac has joined the A Team, and sad to say that Morgan has decided to step down.

This may not be the last A Team announcement, but I'm sure we will all welcome Mac into the role.

We are anticipating a further announcement on timescales and round information tomorrow.
Steve
Acting Acting Head Av | Parliament | Prime Minister's Office | Cabinet Office | Treasury
I am pleased to announce two things. 

First, the round era.

Second, the start date.

Era: February 2016

Cameron returns triumphant from Brussels. He pledged to campaign with "all his heart and soul" to stay in what he describes as a "reformed EU". He expects an easy ride.

But right wing Tory MPs are furious. They are even more furious when a leaked government document suggests the Prime Minister will force a remain vote on his cabinet colleagues - a claim that he goes on to deny. They fear a stitch up. After a fierce exchange in the Commons that does nothing to allay their fears, the European Research Group's leadership in the Commons publicly calls for Cameron to go. With the threat of a leadership challenge looming and a referendum pencilled in for 23 June, it would be the worst possible time for another scandal to rock No.10...

Details

This would be a largely "vanilla" round based on the RL election results, starting in February 2016 and running up until the point that we hit the present day (and beyond if we judge that wise). We would start in the run up to the EU referendum campaign which would be genuinely competitive.

Both the Conservative and Labour parties will be playable, and we are considering whether to allow an SNP player. There will be no Lib Dem or UKIP slots at this time. This is not set in stone: but we think it would be interesting and exciting, given the current state of the world, to start a round where it all began.

Start date: Saturday 23 June

We anticipate that we will let people start making characters late next week in preparation. In the meantime we will be preparing, and responding to the ideas and feedback in this forum.
Steve
Can I just say that I love the fact that we are starting a Brexit round on the 23rd of June
Admin
That fact was genuinely lost on me.........
Steve
Thanks given by: Macmillan