The Labour Leadership Election rules are as follows:

Timeline

Nominations are open from now until midday Sunday 29th July
24 hours of campaigning from midday Sunday until midday Monday
Players' votes must be submitted before midday Monday
Results will be declared on Monday

All times in British Summer Time.

Nomination

- Each candidate requires a nomination and a seconder.
- Candidates may nominate themselves but may not second themselves.
- Nominations must be made using the following form

Name of Candidate:
Name of Proposer:
Name of Seconder:
Declaration of Candidate's consent:

Campaigning

On the Campaigning Day (starting and ending at midday), each candidate has 6 hours of campaigning time to spend. MPs other than the candidates have 2 hours each per day to spend, and may wish to use these to help their preferred candidate. Campaigning time can be spent as follows:

Speech: 2 hours
Canvassing: 1 hour
Poster/Leaflet: 1 hour

Canvassing here means a summary of a conversation with a party member on three policy areas, either in a bullet point description or through a script of talking points the candidate would use.

Voting

Players' votes must be submitted via Private Message here on the forum, not on Telegram, to both Andy and Mack. Votes must be received by midday Monday in order to be counted.

The results of the MPs vote will be calculated based on players' factions and influence. The final result will be based on players' votes and the A-Team's assessment of the campaign material.
Andy
Acting Head Admin
Speaker of the House of Commons
Advisor for the Labour Party, the Cabinet Office and the Home Office
Poll wrangler and election psephologist
Scandalmonger

I forget Andy has political opinions. I always just think of him as a Civil Servant in real life - Mac
Thanks given by:
Name of Candidate: James Allen
Name of Proposer: James Allen
Name of Seconder: Terry Roberts
Declaration of Candidate's consent: James Allen
James Allen

MP for Leeds Central

Thanks given by:
Name of Candidate: William Flanagan
Name of Proposer: William Flanagan
Name of Seconder: Alex Uylanik , Harry Newhurn
Declaration of Candidate's consent: William Flanagan
William Flanagan
Leader of the Labour Party
Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Transport and Regions
MP for Scunthorpe 2010 - Present
Open Labour

Formerly 
Shadow Home Secretary 2016
Shadow Secretary of State for Public Services 2016

"We could manage to survive without money changers and stockbrokers. We should find it harder to do without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land." Aneurin Bevan

Thanks given by: Harry Newhurn (LAB)
Mr Allen and Mr Flanagan are duly nominated. Campaigning is now open. The best of luck to you both.
Andy
Acting Head Admin
Scandalmonger

I forget Andy has political opinions. I always just think of him as a Civil Servant in real life - Mac
Thanks given by:
Ballots are also open. Send your ballot paper as below to both Andy and Mack. Ballots must be received by midday Monday to be counted.

Ballot for the Labour Leadership Election
Vote for one candidate only

[ ] ALLEN, James
[ ] FLANAGAN, William
Andy
Acting Head Admin
Scandalmonger

Thanks given by:
Quote:Canvassing - 1 Hour

On the single market/customs union

"The British people chose to leave the European Union, I fully accept that and Brexit will be delivered. What I don't accept however is this Government's Haphazard approach to leaving the European Union. As Labour Leader I guarantee that I will do all I can to ensure we stay in the single market and the customs union as there is no viable alternative. The potential gains from Britain negotiating its own trade deals elsewhere in the world cannot offset the substantial disadvantages of leaving the customs union and the single market. Trade deals are also not guaranteed. It's crucial for British business to be able to continue to receive the benefits they currently do from the customs union and the single market. If they lose access we could see businesses suffering and workforces depleting as a result. It is absolutely critical we remain in the customs union and the single market and If Labour won the election tomorrow under my Leadership will seek to achieve that".

On any Brexit Deal

"I understand people will be concerned about what any final deal will look like. Whether we will have access to the single market, whether EU citizens' rights will be guaranteed, what a trade deal may look like. The fact is times are uncertain, and that can be a bad thing. Under my leadership we will press to get a meaningful vote on the final Brexit deal. Parliament cannot stand by and let the Government dictate what the final deal will look like, we live in a democracy, people elect MPs and the MPs represent their constituents, it is only right that parliament gets to vote on the final deal on behalf of the British public. I will do all I can to get parliament a meaningful vote, it is the right thing to do and the Government should accept that parliament should get the final say. 

EU Citizens Rights

"I want you to imagine a scenario. On a day in 2019, the United Kingdom leaves the European Union with no deal. EU citizens who have lived here, who have contributed to society, to working in the NHS, in our Education systems, in the public and private sectors, have all been told that they must leave the country because the Conservative Government headed up by Caroline Blakesley refuse to guarantee EU citizens' rights. Over the next 6-12 months we see EU citizens leaving the country and staffing crises in the NHS, Education, public service sectors, three million people leaving the United Kingdom, because this Government won't guarantee their rights to stay in this country. I don't want to see families torn apart, lives ripped apart, I want to see people who live in this country who contribute to be happy.   The Government has refused to commit to guaranteeing the rights of EU Citizens. As Labour Leader I personally guarantee if Labour won a general election tomorrow that we would guarantee the rights of all EU citizens in this country who are living here legally on day 1, they have a right to stay and they can stay under any circumstance. These are people who contribute to our country and who are vital to the survival of our NHS and our public services. The United Kingdom is leaving the European Union, make no mistake, but we have to leave with a deal and if we don't we have to guarantee EU citizens rights, the Conservatives are completely wrong on this and it is horrifying, it's unimaginable, so it's time for common sense, under my leadership EU citizens are welcome to stay, guaranteed.
James Allen

MP for Leeds Central

Thanks given by:
Shadow Foreign Secretary James Allen visited Labour members in Sunderland to discuss the NHS.

Quote:Canvassing - 1 hour

NHS

"The NHS is a key priority for Labour under my leadership  For too long the conservatives have mismanaged the NHS and the NHS is suffering under Conservative Cuts. Under my leadership the next labour government will guarantee that all A&E patients are seen within 3 and a half hours. Labour will also build more proton beam centres available on the NHS to fight cancer as well as end mixed sex wards. Labour under my leadership has a clear plan for the NHS, even after brexit.

NHS

"The next labour government under my leadership will not only ensure hospital car parking is free of charge but we will also invest more money in our NHS. By the end of the next parliament, the NHS will have recieved £40 billion of funding, meaning more beds, more doctors and more nurses. With our pledge to guarantee EU citizens rights and guarantee their ability to stay in the UK in the event of a no deal brexit, the NHS can and will be stronger than ever under a Labour Government post brexit.

NHS

"For too long Governments from both the Conservatives and Labour have time and time again failed to address the issue of mental health and care. Under my leadership not only will the Next Labour Government ring fence all mental health funding, we will also launch the National Care Service which will stand alongside the National Health Service. The NCS will be able to deliver free end of life care. Labour under my leadership has a plan for care in our country".
James Allen

MP for Leeds Central

Thanks given by:
Leaflet - 1 Hour

(FRONT)

[Image: JK6A5ON.png]

(BACK)

[Image: uiY0yKn.png]

Canvassing - 1 Hour

Shadow Foreign Secretary James Allen spoke to Labour Members in London about the Economy, Education and Crime. 

Quote:Economy

"For the past 5 or 6 years we've heard constantly about the Conservatives Long Term Economic Plan, yet we've seen failure. Things have now changed since the vote to leave the European Union and our economy needs to be ready for when we leave. I believe in order for our economy to grow under a post Brexit Britain is to make Britain attractive to Business. Under my leadership Labour will introduce a three stage business programme to bring Business into Britain. This involves a variety of measures, including lowering corporation tax to 15% by the end of the next Parliament. We will also provide tax incentives and tax relief to certain sectors. Through our Business program our economy will continue to grow and prosper after Brexit under a Labour Government. 

Education

"Our Education System simply isnt working, we have children leaving school that cannot read or write and we have adults struggling to find jobs as a result of their education. The next Labour Government under my leadership will introduce a National Education Service, meaning every child and every adult matters. Through our national education service we believe every child is unique and will benefit from a learning path that will be assigned to them, we will invest and close the attainment gap between children who come from different backgrounds. With our commitment to provide greater funding to SEN pupils and our national education service, we can deliver under my leadership. 

Crime

"The fact of the matter is this Conservative Government is not investing enough in our police force, it has in fact cut it since they have been in Government. We have to tackle crime for people to feel safe in our country. Under my leadership the next Labour Government will introduce 10,000 more police officers, these will be frontline police officers who will be on the ground, on the streets reassuring the public and tackling crime. We will also increase security services funding so our security services will have the right resources needed to tackle terrorism and keep the British public safe.
James Allen

MP for Leeds Central

Thanks given by:
Speech - 2 Hours

Shadow Foreign Secretary James Allen spoke to Labour Party members in Manchester

[quote]

Good Afternoon Everyone.

It's a pleasure to talk to you today.  I am here today to tell you what Labour can achieve with me as your leader, but before I do that, let me first talk about Amelia and the contribution she made as leader. 

Amelia was a fine stateswomen, inspirational and I truly believed would be this country's next Prime Minister. Amelia built the foundation for this Labour Party and didn't give up in her quest for fighting for what was right. Although Amelia built the foundation, we must go further if this party is to become the next Government. 

This Labour Party faces it's biggest decision in decades, whilst selecting a new leader, it is also about deciding our country's future on Brexit.

This Labour Party has lost the last two general elections because we couldn't connect with the British public and was a collective failure at the heart of the previous leadership. I believe that the party that I love has lost its emotional connection with millions of people and we must rediscover that.  

To rediscover this emotional connection ,we need a new, fresh approach. However, times are now changing since the decision to leave the European Union.

As your leader, I believe that everyone has a role to play in this party, whether you are on the frontbench, a backbencher or a labour party member. We can all work together to decide how we can help the British public when we get back into Government. We can only do this if we are united, united we stand, divided we fall. 

Now before I talk about Brexit, I think it's important to say that although I was the chair of the remain campaign, the General public have decided to vote leave and I completely respect that. I have always publicly stated I respect the result of the referendum and I will see Brexit delivered. That, is a promise. I will even go as far to say that I do not support a second EU referendum and this country shouldn't have one, the referendum was clear, we voted to leave, so Brexit Is happening.

I am extremely disappointed in some of the Government's decisions on leaving the EU. I think a hard Brexit, cutting ties with the EU in every single way, is a huge error of judgement for the Prime Minister and I hope she will think again and not put her party before the country. 

When it comes to Brexit, I will personally guarantee that Labour will do everything it can to ensure the United Kingdom stays within the single market and the customs union. As I have said before, the effect on business could be catastrophic if we leave the single market and customs union with no suitable arrangement in place.

Whilst the Conservatives are hell bent on going for a hard Brexit - cancelling every single link we have with our closest trading partner, we will be holding them to account and doing all that we possibly can to stop this country leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union. 

But we cannot do it alone. 

I believe, that if we are to remain in the single market and the customs union, the best outcome for this country - a soft brexit, we need to put political differences aside and put the country first, I hope other parties are doing the same as well as other members. As Labour Leader I am prepared to work with other parties and those who share the same goal to deliver a soft brexit. If we are all saying the same thing, we are louder as one than many.  I truly believe we need an open line of communication with those who share the same view to stop this Government from making a dreadful mistake that cannot be reversed. So as Labour Leader this party can and will work with other parties and other members to keep this country in the single market and the customs union, we will also hold the Government to account as a opposition should on every area of brexit policy. This country's future is at stake, I am not prepared to let the Conservatives wreck it. 

Let me be clear here, This isn't about stopping Brexit, to our critics, let me say this - Brexit is happening, nobody is denying that. The British people decided that we should leave the European Union and we will, however we must have the right deal, a deal that is not going to cause severe problems in the future for this country, on employment, on the economy, on trade. 

The Party faces it's biggest test in modern times, we have to choose a leader that can deliver for the British people. We need change.  A leader that can lead negotiations to leave the European Union if we are called on by the general public. I believe Ladies and Gentlemen I am that man. I have been honoured to serve my party in the frontbench and I would be truly honoured to serve as this party's leader. With me as your leader, this party will return to Government and we can deliver a brighter future for this country. 

Thank you. 

[/quote]
James Allen

MP for Leeds Central

Thanks given by:
Canvassing x1 hour London 

William Flanagan canvassed in London, he spoke to Labour members on the following issues,

Brexit.

Labour will campaign for a new UK-EU deal that protects jobs by preserving tariff-free, barrier-free, frictionless trade with the rest of Europe.
Democratic and fair dispute settlement procedures between the EU and UK.
Retention of current employment rights and mutual co-operation and alignment.
Trade union social partnership rights and an end to EU and UK neo-liberal policies.
Decent jobs, living and housing standards rights.
Access to quality public services and social security rights.
Right to nationalise and use state aid.
Ensure no rolling back of Equality and Human rights laws protections.
Fair migration and Freedom of Movement rights.
No hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, Gibraltar and Spain.
Protection of environmental, sustainable development and climate change standards.
Continued Protectuion of Consumer, Constitutional and Civil rights.
Respect for devolved areas and their relations to the EU.

Taxation
-Cuts to taxation on those on low incomes
-Remove Vat on adult clothing
-Restore 50p top rate of tax
-Introduce a land value tax
-reform inheritance tax and introduce universal inheritance payment to all young UK citizens to tackle inequality.
-Merge income tax and National insurance.
-Reform welfare to introduce Universal Basic Income

Canvassing 1 hour

William Flanagan canvassed in Midlands, he spoke to Labour members on the following issues,

Brexit.

Labour will campaign for a new UK-EU deal that protects jobs by preserving tariff-free, barrier-free, frictionless trade with the rest of Europe.
Democratic and fair dispute settlement procedures between the EU and UK.
Retention of current employment rights and mutual co-operation and alignment.
Trade union social partnership rights and an end to EU and UK neo-liberal policies.
Decent jobs, living and housing standards rights.
Access to quality public services and social security rights.
Right to nationalise and use state aid.
Ensure no rolling back of Equality and Human rights laws protections.
Fair migration and Freedom of Movement rights.
No hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, Gibraltar and Spain.
Protection of environmental, sustainable development and climate change standards.
Continued Protectuion of Consumer, Constitutional and Civil rights.
Respect for devolved areas and their relations to the EU.

Taxation
-Cuts to taxation on those on low incomes
-Remove Vat on adult clothing
-Restore 50p top rate of tax
-Introduce a land value tax
-reform inheritance tax and introduce universal inheritance payment to all young UK citizens to tackle inequality.
-Merge income tax and National insurance.
-Reform welfare to introduce Universal Basic Income

Leaflet 1 hour sent to all Labour members.

Serve the People!
William Flanagan's Platform for Labour Party Leader

For our party to achieve the change that we want to see and that is needed for ensure economic and social progress and prosperity for all our country not just a few, then we must be a party that champions social and economic justice. This will not be any easy road or a short one  we have come so far but we have further to go, it will take hard work, it will take new leadership, it will take energetic leadership, it will take the recruitment of a new generation of members and candidates with the desire , drive, determination needed to overcome the challenges we face. To this end the Labour party must be an arch spanning across British and its diverse regions, cities and peoples. You can not build an arch with one stone, you need many, the stones that will form this arch, working people union and non-union, employed or unemployed,rural, urban, women, LGBT, youth, the elderly, cultural, ethnic and religious communities. Separately weak unable to drive forward change but together we are the majority of Britain bounded by the mortar of solidarity, strong enough to weather any storm, strong enough to build a better tomorrow!

Taxes and the Economy.

The economy is central to goal of the democratic socialist and social democratic. The current system in Britain creates a few winners but results in many losers. The Labour party must push for the economic reform that will move to end social and economic injustice in our land. We will ensure that government income levels are comparable with our g7 counterparts,and reduce our nations interest burden by advocating moving away from creating our money through private banks and restoring the central banks as the primary source of government borrowing to restore our economic sovereignty and independence.

Corporate Taxation
End the race to bottom with corporation taxes cut which do not create jobs or investment in machinery or new technology. If we cut corporate tax we simply encourage others to do the same and we then gain no advantage. 

End Corporate Welfare
We will end the government policy of subsidising profitable industries like oil and gas sector. There will be no industries too big fail, there will be no socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor.

Progressive Taxation
We will support fair progressive taxation . We will combine income tax and national insurance into a general income tax to simply taxation. We will set capital gains tax at the same rate as income tax.

Combat Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion
We will combat tax avoidance and tax evasion . We will make it mandatory to declare all avoidance schemes used. Non disclosure will be treated as tax evasion.

Abolish Council Tax
We will support the phasing out of regressive taxes like council tax that hurt hard working low and middle income families hardest ensure.

Land Value Tax
-We will introduce a land value tax to fund local government.

National Investment Bank
-We will push to create a National Investment Bank. Through the use of inactive bank accounts, a windfall tax on excessive banking profits and the introduction of a tobin tax and pension invesments we shall fund a National Bank dedicated to the growth and development of British based industry. The NIB will work with private banks, credit unions and other funding sources to ensure British based businesses and entrepreneurs get the finance need to give British families well paying jobs. The National Investment Bank will target 10 key areas of the economy for development and investment ; electronics/telecommunications, steel, car production , mining, green energy, aerospace, green technology, transport, agriculture and ship building.

People's Bank
-We will push create a Peoples Bank. Banking is a utility as much as water or energy and it is only right that the British people have a public option that they will benefit from and have a say in. The capital of this bank will be used to invest in local community enterprise and small businesses. This people's bank will be run by and run for the communities that it serves and those that work in it.

Economic strategy
-We will create a national economic strategy plan that will research and identify key areas for future growth and the strategic investment needed to unlock Britain's future potential.

Full Employment
-We will Make full employment the primary goal of government. We will ensure that no region has a higher unemployment rate than 2%.

Protect Jobs
-We will make it harder for corporations that post profits and pay dividends to lay off the hard working people of Britain.

Protect Companies
-We will introduce tougher laws to prevent predatory takeovers of our industries and ensure competitiveness and diversity remains at the heart of our economy.

Promote Growth
-We will change the Bank of England Act to have employment growth its central priority. .

Green Economy
-We will create a green economy, if we are to reduce are green house gases by 80% by 2050 we must change our economy to a sustainable model by investing in green tech, rewarding the innovators and making the polluters pay. The National Investment Bank will be tasked to assist our drive to a green 21st century economy.

Electric Car and low emission transport.
We will develop a strong domestic electric  and low emission auto-mobile industry. The Labour party will support the research and development and manufacture of electric cars within the UK, the development of the infrastructure need for a national network by developing urban hotspots in our major cities were the network can then spread across our country. The Labour party will push for schemes assist the public and businesses in their purchase.

Regional Development
-We will create a Regional Development Plan that would work with communities and business in our regions to unlock each regions potential.

Banking Reform

Public Banking
-Support creation of two publicly owned banks, one a strategic investment bank and the other a public retail bank allowing our nations savers and small businesses to invest in the UK.

Separation of risking investment banking from people hard earned savings
-We will pass a law to ensure the separation of retail and investment banks to protect public from risky speculation.

Strengthen banks
-Reinstate capital ratio requirements for banks meaning they will have to have capital to back up lending.

Protect families against high interest
-Curb high interest on loans to our nations families and businesses. This will ensure our nations families have the ability to make investments in their homes and businesses that will help drive our economy forward.

Combat Banking Fraud
-We will change the banking law to increase fines and criminal punishments for Banks that break the law.

Urban Issues

Promote strong and prosperous cities

Ensure that every working person can afford to own their own home or has access to council housing or social housing should they need it by committing to expenditures on council house building and cooperative and social housing programmes. Rising house prices are a sign of failing economy not a successful one. We will tackle poverty by tackling is causes unemployment, low pay and lack of educational attainment.
Ensure clean and safe cities by tackling pollution and crime.
Support small scale renewable energy projects in urban areas such a solar panels, bio waste schemes.

Rights in the workplace

We must remain committed to the rights of workers to unionise and collectively bargain in regards to their pay, conditions and terms of employment. We must remain firmly committed to ensuring the greatest possible protection for the working people of our country. As Labour leader I would campaign for removal of anti workers rights legislation.

National Living Wage
-We should seek to set a national minimum standard of earnings for all men and women in the workforce with a living wage. No British family should be in poverty when they are in employment. Work should be the route out of poverty and should not keep British families in it. The setting of the minimum wage will remain independent from ministerial control but the low pay commission will be tasked to raise the minimum to a level needed to ensure full time employees are not in poverty.

Replacement Workers
-We must support the end the use of replacement workers in strikes and lockouts.  The use of replacement workers unbalances the labour relations of unions and employers. The introduction of a law ending the use of replacement workers during legal strikes will ensure more productive labour relations in Britain.

Whistleblower Protection
-We must introduce a Whistleblower Protection Act applicable to both the private and public sectors that provides legal protection from reprisal for those who disclose wrongdoing internally or externally, including imposing fines and jail sentences against individuals who engage  in reprisals and secondly establish a whistle blower ombudsman selected by, and reporting to parliament who broad powers of investigation and reporting to ensure compliance.

Non-union labour
-We should ensure non-union labour is fully protected, and that their rights and protections do not fall behind that enjoyed by unionised labour.

Pay Equity
-We should ensure pay equality is fully enforced and audited for and we will establish in law the rights to equal pay for work of equal value and ensure that is enforced.This will be phased in  starting with large companies first.

Part time, contract and casual workers rights.
-Increasingly more people are undertaking part time work we will ensure that protections for part time, contract and causual workers are robust.

Employee say over high pay.
-We need to address wage inequality by passing a law that will require employee representation on remuneration committees, this will guarantee all corporations must ensure their workforce is represented on decisions to reward high earners.

Workplace Representation
-I believe it is now time Unions and the Labour Party to support greater workplace democracy. We will put forward proposals for a proportion of a board of directors to come from the ranks of the employees via a trade union organised process or in non unionsed workplaces through an independent regulated body or staff association. Today with directors shifting from business to business, less and less of higher management has risen up through the business and have  lesser affinity with place of business and have less investment in it even to point of having no shares in these companies. These means that it is the working employee the honest  hard working family who stands alone in many cases with a long term interest in the survival and prosperity of a business. The idea of worker representation at board level to me is simple but bold move that will increase employee influence in the management and create stronger companies. The right to participate in management decisions that affect one's working working life has always been a major principle of trade unionism and social democracy. In the economic realm and political realm the people of Britain  should have a voice in the decisions that effect their lives.

Democratic Reform

Federal UK
We support moving towards a more stable long lasting constitutional settlement for the United Kingdom with Scotland, Wales and the regions of the England having symmetrical devolution guaranteed and protected by a written constitution. We will campaign for a referendum to allow the English people to decide if they want regional devolution or an English parliament.

House of Lords
We support the abolition of the lords. It is a waste of public resources and a house of cronyism. An elected senate should replace the lords. The Senate will be elected by proportional representation.

Constitutional advisory committee
We will support the creation of a constitutional advisory committee were bills will be examined by independent constitutional lawyers before entering parliament to ensure its compliance with our human rights obligations and international treaty obligations , the Labour party should call on every government bill before it is submitted to parliament must pass a constitutional compatibility test to prevent legal wrangling and court room battles after bills are passed. This will save millions in tax pounds and ensure that courts times are not wasted on issues that could have be prevented in the first place by ensuring sober thought is commonplace in the commons

Recall
For too long members of parliament have walked in parliament after their election and taken their mandates for granted, to this end the we must support the recall of MPs and we will make it easier for MPs to be recalled.

Referendum and commons debate initiative
To ensure that the British people have say in-between election dates we must support transfer of power back from parliament to the people, I believe that the more direct a democracy is, the more truly it can claim to be a democracy. We will support a law giving the British people to call for a referendum on federal matters when a percentage of the electorate support it . Also we will support people's initiatives that will also allow for the public to push for parliamentary debates on topics of there choosing when signatories reach a certain threshold.

Britain's role in the world

The Labour party must purse an independent foreign policy that stands up for Britain and gives are nation a role in the world as a peacemaker and not turn to her into a peace breaker. We must remain a force for good in a world blighted by poverty, want and oppression and aggression . Britain must use it power and standing in the world to give a voice to the many without a voice. Support for the UN and its institutions are crucial to this. The Labour party must support increasing our diplomatic and trade links with our commonwealth and European partners to build mutual prosperity and development. As leader I will work with fellow mps to build an internationalist foreign policy not an interventionist one.

Post Brexit we will ensure as much of our equipment is made in the UK supporting British industry.

Defence

Military
Return to a peacekeeping defence force, and set out in a White Paper the future of our armed services.

NATO
-We will remain committed to Britain's membership of NATO. Britain is safer under NATO's umbrella.

Non Proliferation
-We should support a Nuclear weapon free world. We will phase out our nuclear weapons stockpile and phase out Trident nuclear carrying submarines. A constitutional ban on nuclear weapons from British territory. This will ban testing of nuclear weapon delivery systems in the UK and its territories, nuclear weapon carrying vessels will no longer be permitted to visit British ports; and aircraft carrying nuclear warheads will not permitted to fly in British airspace.

Agriculture and Rural Development.

The Labour party has its roots in the struggle cottage industries, fishing villages, farm labourers, and small farmers as it does in that of the factory worker it remains a central stone in the arch of a renewed Labour party that is needed to rebuild a truly national party if we are to have the opportunity to serve our communities and country in government. Some of the concerns of the hill farmer are not those of the fisheries worker in Scotland, or the fruit farmer of Kent or cattle farmer in Shropshire. We recognises that they are united by the shared desired to see a government that recognises the value of rural Britain I believe the Labour party is and must be this party.

Strengthening farmers and rural Britain.

-Reduce food miles by encouraging buy local campaigns, and ensure government bodies and the public sector support local economics.
-Promote Food Sovereignty
-Promote Organic Farming
-Stable and significant funding for agricultural research and development.
-Support for value-added economic development in farm and rural communities.
-Action to build a modern transportation system that is efficient, competitive, affordable -and reliable.
-We will tackle rural poverty and ensure adequate housing stocks for local communities.
-A coherent, national and publicly-administered system of food grading and inspection, without senseless, self-destructive user fees.
-A review of farm input costs and enact tough action against monopoly and predatory pricing.
-Support for rural co-operatives, credit unions and pools, and other vehicles of community economic development.
-Support for the principle of single-desk marketing.
-Support Family farming as the bedrock of British farming.

Fisheries

-We must be putting fishers and their communities at the heart of fisheries policy
-We will create a fisheries plan based on local and regional input from the public and in full consultation with the local communities, our fisheries policies should be geared to benefit fishers and their communities first.

Monitoring and Protecting Fisheries
We will develop cumulative impact assessments and environmental regulations to protect fisheries.

Community Fish License Bank
We will introduce community fish license bank that mitigate the social and economic impacts of catch shares, these bodies would keep fishing rights in the community.

Healthcare

Support our healthcare system with adequate resourcing and spending. Working with healthcare providers, local communities and local government we will work to provide a better and stronger health and social care system for all Britain.

End slow privatisation of NHS
Resist the private sector interfering with national health care provision by reserving years of erosion in the NHS. We will end PFIs

A Universal Healthcare System
-We will make the NHS truly universal by providing  free eye tests, prescriptions and dental care on the NHS

Social care
-We will integrate health and social care to ensure joint up health care plans are in place for every patient.

Healthier society
-Support better nutrition and promote healthier lifestyles choices.

Drug Policy
-We should end the so call war on drugs and adopt sound science based policy.      

Education

National Education Service
-Create a National Education Service that will ensure quality free at the point of use education  funded by general taxation from infancy to adulthood. This will included primary, secondary, tertiary education as well as retooling and reskilling the workforce to adapt to changing needs and employment.

Universal Child Care
-Provide increased provision of free childcare for every child under 5 with the aim to create an unverisal childcare scheme that will al

Funding
Ensure that every school is properly funded and that class sizes are reduced.
William Flanagan
Leader of the Labour Party
Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Transport and Regions
MP for Scunthorpe 2010 - Present
Open Labour

Formerly 
Shadow Home Secretary 2016
Shadow Secretary of State for Public Services 2016

"We could manage to survive without money changers and stockbrokers. We should find it harder to do without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land." Aneurin Bevan

Thanks given by: